- How is Deadly Choice’s Chicago setting significant?
- What role does Angie play in the novel?
- How does Beth justify kidnapping the baby?
- Describe the dilemma Sue is faced with. How would you respond to Beth’s request?
- Explain why Captain Paine goes to such lengths to bring Angie and Beth down. How does his plan backfire?
- Explore the spiritual and psychological transformation Beth and Sue undergo throughout the novel. How is their friendship affected?
- How does Sam’s dilemma of silence mirror that of the other characters in the novel? How would you react in that situation?
- Why is Jean perplexed with Beth’s responses? What methods would you employ to force Beth to reveal her true motives in the kidnapping?
- What adjectives describe Beth’s character? Does she inspire empathy? Why or why not?
- Answer the previous questions regarding Sue.
- What themes run throughout the novel?
- Was the end satisfying? Why or why not?
Read The First Chapter