- What symptoms is Katherine experiencing? How do these symptoms affect her personal and professional life?
- What is Katherine’s relationship with Dr. Sobel?
- Do you think their relationship would work best as patient/therapist or as friends? Why?
- How do Katherine’s childhood traumas impact her life as an adult?
- How would you describe the relationship between Detectives Maggie O’Connor and Monroe Jackson?
- After Katherine’s test results come back negative, she thinks someone is playing mind games with her. Who does she suspect and why?
- How does Maggie’s list of suspects to interview regarding the serial killer differ from Monroe’s? Discuss.
- Why doesn’t Katherine want to work with pedophiles?
- Why does Katherine finally agree to co-host a treatment group with Dr. Rob Lassiter? How does this decision affect her growth as a therapist and as a character?
- What topics are discussed during Group? How are these discussion topics used to reveal character and move the plot forward?
- Did you predict any of the Group members was connected to the serial killer? Why or why not?
- Describe Bobby Bonasera’s relationship with the strippers? With the detectives? With the homeless veteran? With his landlord? What effect did these various relationships have on the story?
- What effect does Jayde have on Katherine? How does their relationship change?
- Who is the actual serial killer? Why did that person choose to kill pedophiles?
- Who are the heroes in this story? What makes them heroic?
- Is there a satisfying conclusion? Why or why not?
Read the First Chapter